HOMEMADE VEGGIE BALLS
I’ve been sick for a week and a half and I’m so tired of it! It’s beens very very annoying and for the last five days, I tasting food has been hard. So what a girl do to when she can barely taste anything? Make stuff with lots and lots of flavour so that I can actually taste something. These baked veggie balls it the spot and taste amazing!
This recipe is based on High Carb Hannah’s Ikea Veggie Ball recipe. Check it out here. I made a few changes and you can too, depending on what you have on hand.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen carrots (or diced fresh carrots)
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- ½ to ¾ cup oats (I used quick oats - use gluten free oats for a gluten free option)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the veggies in a pan other medium heat with 1 tbsp of oil or water if you prefer keeping it oil-free. Cook until the veggies are tender and are starting to brown.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a food processor, blend the veggies, chickpeas and spices until well mixed.
- Add ½ cup of oats and process again. The mixture should be slightly wet. If it's too wet, add more oats.
- Form ball shapes and place on a pan lined with parchment paper or a non stick silicone pad.
- Bake for 25-30 mins turning them half way through the cooking time.
I made these with black beans with a spicy mayo and it was as delicious. This recipe is very versatile.
This recipe can also be used to make burgers! I haven’t tried pan frying them but if I do, I’ll update this post. If you try, please let me know how they turned out in the comments!