Do you ever have those days where you think you have nothing good to eat? Well this pasta was whipped up during one of those days. Having only had half a block of soft tofu in the fridge with not much else to make a meal, I didn’t have high hopes. But surprisingly, it turned out amazingly good!
Not sure if this is technically an ‘alfredo’ sauce since there are no heavy cream or parmesan but feel free to add some vegan parmesan cheese and maybe a little coconut milk to make it extra creamy!
- 340g of rotini pasta (about 6 cups)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 block of soft tofu, drained
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup fresh coriander (optional and can be replaced with fresh parsley)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packing. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- To make the sauce while the pasta is cooking, heat up the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 mins until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for an extra 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat and place in a blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until well combined.
- Add sauce to pasta, serve and enjoy!